Are you soon to be a parent? Well, amongst the numerous things that you will have to keep ready, diapers are perhaps the most important! Think about what, normally a newborn child needs more than 2,900 diapers every year. After all, the first few months are all about your baby breastfeeding, urinating, and pooping. Though this might sound cumbersome, diapers are of huge help when it comes to keeping new-born babies dry, clean, and comfortable. Choosing the right diaper for your baby is very important. Let’s find out more about diapers:
- What are diapers made of?
Two types of diapers are available in the market- cloth diapers and disposable diapers. Cloth diapers are usually made of soft fabric, and hence can be washed, dried, and re-used. Disposable diapers from the best diaper brands in India are usually made of a variety of components such as sodium polyacrylate, dye, wood pulp, microfiber, and so on.
- Precautions for using diapers for new-born babies:
- Make sure your baby’s skin is rash-free. If your baby has sensitive skin, some diapers may worsen the condition.
- Use only specially designed overnight disposable diapers for nights
- Avoid using heavier diapers during the daytime. During the day, try to stick to gel-based diapers or diapers with skin creams, or cloth diapers
- Diapers should be changed once every two or three hours to prevent rashes and infections. Change the diaper as soon you baby poops.
- Once you remove a diaper, do not put on another immediately. The skin should be allowed to breathe for a while
- After removing a diaper, clean that part of the skin with baby wipes or a soft, damp cloth. Baby lotion, coconut oil, and moisturizers can also be used, as these products help in maintaining good hygiene.
What to look for in diapers:
Just like many other items, diapers often work in a trial-and-error method, which is to say, you may need to try a few brands and types to see what works best for your baby. The following are some of the key factors to consider when buying diapers for your baby-
- Reusable and adjustable tabs- Most modern-day diapers are accompanied by these highly useful features, which not only offer great fit but also when you have to take a sneak peek to check if your baby is wet.
- Wetness indicator- thee are lines that change their colours when your baby’s skin gets wet. This is particularly handy over the first few weeks when new mums are still trying to grasp the infant’s cues.
- Pocketed waistband: these are usually found on the back panel of diapers, which help in keeping the poop contained.
- Fragrance: this is subjective, as some parents prefer non-fragrant/odor-free diapers. However, you will be spoilt for choice if you are looking for diapers with a light scent that can help keep unpleasant smells away
- Eco-friendliness: Most new-age parents are environmentally conscious if not all. They settle for diapers that are eco-friendly, are biodegradable, and made of sustainable components. The brands likewise are offering their products accordingly
- Diaper size: if the diaper is too tight, the elasticized leg openings can irritate the skin; and if it is too loose, it can lead to leaks. Hence it is crucial to get the right diaper size for your baby. You can follow the size guidelines on the diaper packaging.
If you are on the lookout for the best diapers for new borns in the market, we bring to you the following top picks that will surely leave you worry-free:
Pampers Premium Care Pants Diapers
These new Pampers Premium Care Pants Diapers are made of new and improved-quality cotton, ensuring absolute softness. These are also equipped with aloe-vera to protect the delicate skin of newborn babies. There are 3 air channels that allow your baby’s skin to breathe. What’s more, these diaper pants come with wetness indicators that change their colour from yellow to blue, thus signaling that it’s time to change the diaper. Besides, the unique disposable tape helps in folding and sealing the diaper which facilitates easy disposal.
Huggies Wonder Pants
Huggies Wonder Pants is a unique product with Bubble-Bed technology, lined with the super-soft and fluffy 3D Bubble Bed in the inside layer, which absorbs the wetness and spreads it out evenly, keeping your baby’s skin dry. The cushiony waist-band keeps red marks around the baby’s waist at bay, while the super-flexible elastic promises an extremely comfortable fit. The sides of the diaper are accompanied by extra padding, referred to as Triple Leak-Guard, which minimizes leakage from the sides on to the baby’s thighs and legs.
MamyPoko Pants Extra Absorb Diapers Monthly Pack
MamyPoko Pants diapers for new-born babies come with criss-cross absorbent sheets, which have high absorbency. Besides, these sheets prevent the diaper from feeling heavy and the urine is spread evenly. The stretchable thigh support prevents leakage, while the cotton-like cover allows your baby’s skin to breathe so that the skin does not feel stuffy despite prolonged usage. They last up to 12 hours, keeping your baby’s bottom dry, thus allowing your little bundle of joy to enjoy a peaceful sleep. The best part is, these diapers are easy to wear and comes in special kid-friendly designs!
All you new mums and dads out there, check out the best baby diapers online and tick off a major item from your checklist!